A blog dedicated to understanding Hans Blumenberg's Höhlenausgänge.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Coming out of the Cave

I am starting this blog seeking to understand Hans Blumenberg's book, Höhlenausgänge, which is not yet translated -- it is one of Blumenberg's last books. I read 3 essays in it a few years back, found them fascinating, and then put the book aside because I was having too much trouble with understanding the language.

I will say at the outset I have little qualification to undertake this project. I am not a trained philosopher, just somebody who opened a book and found it interesting, and wanted to dig a little deeper. I'd like to thank my friend Kai Lorentzen for hipping me to this book, and I hope he will deign to comment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE counter and Web statistics from sitetracker.com